Each survivor faces unique safety concerns and Survivor Advocates are experienced in addressing and brainstorming options to keep them safe. We work with survivors to create an individualized plan that addresses their concerns on and off campus.
Safety planning can look like but is not limited to:
Physical Safety Measures
- Pepper spray
- Walking in groups
- Emergency calling
- Alarm devices
- Accessing safer transportation
- Emergency housing options
- Who are your supports?
- Who will you call when you need help?
- What brings you joy?
- How do you cope?
Cyber Health & Safety
- Identifying and addressing tracking/bugging
- Options to change usernames and contact information
Preparing to Leave an Abusive Relationship
- Preparing to leave an abusive relationship
- Where to go?
- What do you need to leave?
- Who in your support system can help you with this?
- What support do you need when you leave?